Monday

American Stories: Rivka Galchen and Karen Russell | The New York Public Library

Rivka Galchen, "20 Under 40" at 92YT...
Rivka Galchen, "20 Under 40" at 92YTribeca (Photo credit: 92YTribeca)
American Stories: Rivka Galchen and Karen Russell | The New York Public Library:



"The fiction writers Rivka Galchen and Karen Russell, whose most recent book is Vampires in the Lemon Grove, talk about Galchen’s new collection of stories, American Innovations."



 "I've always simply loved the New York Public Library, so arguably my motivation for going there that day was not just to find more information but also to be comforted, to see the light pouring in through the enormous windows in broad cones as if from giant parallel movie projectors. Maybe-- but really the meekest of maybes-- I was pursuing the sense I used to have as a child, when I'd see the illuminated dust shimmering and winking and-- this was back when the library was always warm-- I'd feel myself safe in the bellly of an enormous and unknowable beast." - from Rivka Galchen's Atmospheric Disturbances

Join NYPL in welcoming Rivka Galchen on June 3. The author will discuss her newest book American Innovations with Karen Russell.http://on.nypl.org/1ki6jtu
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: